I have recently created a SharePoint Timer Job, I have deployed it as a feature and then activated it.
To my dismay I had forgot to insert a line of code. When I changed the code and re-deployed the timer job, the timer job still seemed to be using the same code as before.
After scratching my head for a while and realizing that I done everything short of restarting my server. I decided to restart the timer service. Once I did that everything worked.
Please note, you don’t have to reset “IIS” and you don’t need to restart your server. All you need to do is go to start, administrative tools, services and restart your SharePoint timer service.
If you have a farm installations make sure the new assembly is deployed to all the servers in the farm, and the SharePoint Timer service is restarted on each of the servers.